Definition and Meaning of TUG
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
tug means :
- To pull or draw with great effort; to draw along with continued exertion; to haul along; to tow; as, to tug a loaded cart; to tug a ship into port.
- To pull; to pluck.
- To pull with great effort; to strain in labor; as, to tug at the oar; to tug against the stream.
- To labor; to strive; to struggle.
- A pull with the utmost effort, as in the athletic contest called tug of war; a supreme effort.
- A sort of vehicle, used for conveying timber and heavy articles.
- A small, powerful steamboat used to tow vessels; -- called also steam tug, tugboat, and towboat.
- A trace, or drawing strap, of a harness.
- An iron hook of a hoisting tub, to which a tackle is affixed.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.