Definition and Meaning of TRY
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
try means :
- To divide or separate, as one sort from another; to winnow; to sift; to pick out; -- frequently followed by out; as, to try out the wild corn from the good.
- To purify or refine, as metals; to melt out, and procure in a pure state, as oil, tallow, lard, etc.
- To subject to severe trial; to put to the test; to cause suffering or trouble to.
- To experiment with; to test by use; as, to try a remedy for disease; to try a horse.
- To examine or investigate judicially; to examine by witnesses or other judicial evidence and the principles of law; as, to try a cause, or a criminal.
- To settle; to decide; to determine; specifically, to decide by an appeal to arms; as, to try rival claims by a duel; to try conclusions.
- To experience; to have or gain knowledge of by experience.
- To essay; to attempt; to endeavor.
- To exert strength; to endeavor; to make an effort or an attempt; as, you must try hard if you wish to learn.
- To do; to fare; as, how do you try!
- A screen, or sieve, for grain.
- Act of trying; attempt; experiment; trial.
- Refined; select; excellent; choice.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.