Definition and Meaning of TIE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
tie means :
- A knot; a fastening.
- A bond; an obligation, moral or legal; as, the sacred ties of friendship or of duty; the ties of allegiance.
- A knot of hair, as at the back of a wig.
- An equality in numbers, as of votes, scores, etc., which prevents either party from being victorious; equality in any contest, as a race.
- A beam or rod for holding two parts together; in railways, one of the transverse timbers which support the track and keep it in place.
- A line, usually straight, drawn across the stems of notes, or a curved line written over or under the notes, signifying that they are to be slurred, or closely united in the performance, or that two notes of the same pitch are to be sounded as one; a bind; a ligature.
- Low shoes fastened with lacings.
- To fasten with a band or cord and knot; to bind.
- To form, as a knot, by interlacing or complicating a cord; also, to interlace, or form a knot in; as, to tie a cord to a tree; to knit; to knot.
- To unite firmly; to fasten; to hold.
- To hold or constrain by authority or moral influence, as by knotted cords; to oblige; to constrain; to restrain; to confine.
- To unite, as notes, by a cross line, or by a curved line, or slur, drawn over or under them.
- To make an equal score with, in a contest; to be even with.
- To make a tie; to make an equal score.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.