Definition and Meaning of TAINT
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
taint means :
- A thrust with a lance, which fails of its intended effect.
- An injury done to a lance in an encounter, without its being broken; also, a breaking of a lance in an encounter in a dishonorable or unscientific manner.
- To thrust ineffectually with a lance.
- To injure, as a lance, without breaking it; also, to break, as a lance, but usually in an unknightly or unscientific manner.
- To hit or touch lightly, in tilting.
- To imbue or impregnate with something extraneous, especially with something odious, noxious, or poisonous; hence, to corrupt; to infect; to poison; as, putrid substance taint the air.
- Fig.: To stain; to sully; to tarnish.
- To be infected or corrupted; to be touched with something corrupting.
- To be affected with incipient putrefaction; as, meat soon taints in warm weather.
- Tincture; hue; color; tinge.
- Infection; corruption; deprivation.
- A blemish on reputation; stain; spot; disgrace.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.