Definition and Meaning of SPEAK
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
speak means :
- To utter words or articulate sounds, as human beings; to express thoughts by words; as, the organs may be so obstructed that a man may not be able to speak.
- To express opinions; to say; to talk; to converse.
- To utter a speech, discourse, or harangue; to adress a public assembly formally.
- To discourse; to make mention; to tell.
- To give sound; to sound.
- To convey sentiments, ideas, or intelligence as if by utterance; as, features that speak of self-will.
- To utter with the mouth; to pronounce; to utter articulately, as human beings.
- To utter in a word or words; to say; to tell; to declare orally; as, to speak the truth; to speak sense.
- To declare; to proclaim; to publish; to make known; to exhibit; to express in any way.
- To talk or converse in; to utter or pronounce, as in conversation; as, to speak Latin.
- To address; to accost; to speak to.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.