Definition and Meaning of SHOE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
shoe means :
- A covering for the human foot, usually made of leather, having a thick and somewhat stiff sole and a lighter top. It differs from a boot on not extending so far up the leg.
- Anything resembling a shoe in form, position, or use.
- A plate or rim of iron nailed to the hoof of an animal to defend it from injury.
- A band of iron or steel, or a ship of wood, fastened to the bottom of the runner of a sleigh, or any vehicle which slides on the snow.
- A drag, or sliding piece of wood or iron, placed under the wheel of a loaded vehicle, to retard its motion in going down a hill.
- The part of a railroad car brake which presses upon the wheel to retard its motion.
- A trough-shaped or spout-shaped member, put at the bottom of the water leader coming from the eaves gutter, so as to throw the water off from the building.
- The trough or spout for conveying the grain from the hopper to the eye of the millstone.
- An inclined trough in an ore-crushing mill.
- An iron socket or plate to take the thrust of a strut or rafter.
- An iron socket to protect the point of a wooden pile.
- A plate, or notched piece, interposed between a moving part and the stationary part on which it bears, to take the wear and afford means of adjustment; -- called also slipper, and gib.
- To furnish with a shoe or shoes; to put a shoe or shoes on; as, to shoe a horse, a sled, an anchor.
- To protect or ornament with something which serves the purpose of a shoe; to tip.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.