Definition and Meaning of SEVER
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
sever means :
- To separate, as one from another; to cut off from something; to divide; to part in any way, especially by violence, as by cutting, rending, etc.; as, to sever the head from the body.
- To cut or break open or apart; to divide into parts; to cut through; to disjoin; as, to sever the arm or leg.
- To keep distinct or apart; to except; to exempt.
- To disunite; to disconnect; to terminate; as, to sever an estate in joint tenancy.
- To suffer disjunction; to be parted, or rent asunder; to be separated; to part; to separate.
- To make a separation or distinction; to distinguish.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.