Definition and Meaning of SEAT
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
seat means :
- The place or thing upon which one sits; hence; anything made to be sat in or upon, as a chair, bench, stool, saddle, or the like.
- The place occupied by anything, or where any person or thing is situated, resides, or abides; a site; an abode, a station; a post; a situation.
- That part of a thing on which a person sits; as, the seat of a chair or saddle; the seat of a pair of pantaloons.
- A sitting; a right to sit; regular or appropriate place of sitting; as, a seat in a church; a seat for the season in the opera house.
- Posture, or way of sitting, on horseback.
- A part or surface on which another part or surface rests; as, a valve seat.
- To cause to occupy a post, site, situation, or the like; to station; to establish; to fix; to settle.
- To assign a seat to, or the seats of; to give a sitting to; as, to seat a church, or persons in a church.
- To fix; to set firm.
- To settle; to plant with inhabitants; as to seat a country.
- To put a seat or bottom in; as, to seat a chair.
- To rest; to lie down.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.