Definition and Meaning of RUT
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
rut means :
- Sexual desire or oestrus of deer, cattle, and various other mammals; heat; also, the period during which the oestrus exists.
- Roaring, as of waves breaking upon the shore; rote. See Rote.
- To have a strong sexual impulse at the reproductive period; -- said of deer, cattle, etc.
- To cover in copulation.
- A track worn by a wheel or by habitual passage of anything; a groove in which anything runs. Also used figuratively.
- To make a rut or ruts in; -- chiefly used as a past participle or a participial adj.; as, a rutted road.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.