Definition and Meaning of ROTE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
rote means :
- A root.
- A kind of guitar, the notes of which were produced by a small wheel or wheel-like arrangement; an instrument similar to the hurdy-gurdy.
- The noise produced by the surf of the sea dashing upon the shore. See Rut.
- A frequent repetition of forms of speech without attention to the meaning; mere repetition; as, to learn rules by rote.
- To learn or repeat by rote.
- To go out by rotation or succession; to rotate.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.