Definition and Meaning of ROD
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
rod means :
- A straight and slender stick; a wand; hence, any slender bar, as of wood or metal (applied to various purposes).
- An instrument of punishment or correction; figuratively, chastisement.
- A kind of sceptor, or badge of office; hence, figuratively, power; authority; tyranny; oppression.
- A support for a fishing line; a fish pole.
- A member used in tension, as for sustaining a suspended weight, or in tension and compression, as for transmitting reciprocating motion, etc.; a connecting bar.
- An instrument for measuring.
- A measure of length containing sixteen and a half feet; -- called also perch, and pole.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.