Definition and Meaning of POP
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
pop means :
- A small, sharp, quick explosive sound or report; as, to go off with a pop.
- An unintoxicating beverage which expels the cork with a pop from the bottle containing it; as, ginger pop; lemon pop, etc.
- The European redwing.
- To make a pop, or sharp, quick sound; as, the muskets popped away on all sides.
- To enter, or issue forth, with a quick, sudden movement; to move from place to place suddenly; to dart; -- with in, out, upon, off, etc.
- To burst open with a pop, when heated over a fire; as, this corn pops well.
- To cause to pop; to cause to burst open by heat, as grains of Indian corn; as, to pop corn or chestnuts.
- Like a pop; suddenly; unexpectedly.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.