Definition and Meaning of NOTE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
note means :
- To butt; to push with the horns.
- Know not; knows not.
- Need; needful business.
- A mark or token by which a thing may be known; a visible sign; a character; a distinctive mark or feature; a characteristic quality.
- A mark, or sign, made to call attention, to point out something to notice, or the like; a sign, or token, proving or giving evidence.
- A brief remark; a marginal comment or explanation; hence, an annotation on a text or author; a comment; a critical, explanatory, or illustrative observation.
- A brief writing intended to assist the memory; a memorandum; a minute.
- A short informal letter; a billet.
- A diplomatic missive or written communication.
- A written or printed paper acknowledging a debt, and promising payment; as, a promissory note; a note of hand; a negotiable note.
- A list of items or of charges; an account.
- A character, variously formed, to indicate the length of a tone, and variously placed upon the staff to indicate its pitch. Hence:
- A musical sound; a tone; an utterance; a tune.
- A key of the piano or organ.
- Observation; notice; heed.
- Notification; information; intelligence.
- State of being under observation.
- Reputation; distinction; as, a poet of note.
- Stigma; brand; reproach.
- To notice with care; to observe; to remark; to heed; to attend to.
- To record in writing; to make a memorandum of.
- To charge, as with crime (with of or for before the thing charged); to brand.
- To denote; to designate.
- To annotate.
- To set down in musical characters.
- Writing paper, not exceeding in size, when folded once, five by eight inches.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.