Definition and Meaning of NON
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
non means :
- No; not. See No, a.
- The general plea or denial in an action of assumpsit.
- Alt. of Non compos mentis
- Not of sound mind; not having the regular use of reason; hence, also, as a noun, an idiot; a lunatic; one devoid of reason, either by nature or from accident.
- The plea of the general issue in an action of debt on bond.
- The return of a sheriff on a writ, when the defendant is not found in his county.
- It is not clear; -- a verdict given by a jury when a matter is to be deferred to another day of trial.
- Notwithstanding; in opposition to, or in spite of, what has been stated, or is to be stated or admitted.
- A clause in old English statutes and letters patent, importing a license from the crown to do a thing notwithstanding any statute to the contrary. This dispensing power was abolished by the Bill of Rights.
- An abbreviation of Non prosequitur.
- A judgment entered against the plaintiff in a suit where he does not appear to prosecute. See Nolle prosequi.
- An inference which does not follow from the premises.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.