Definition and Meaning of NEAR
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
near means :
- At a little distance, in place, time, manner, or degree; not remote; nigh.
- Nearly; almost; well-nigh.
- Closely; intimately.
- Not far distant in time, place, or degree; not remote; close at hand; adjacent; neighboring; nigh.
- Closely connected or related.
- Close to anything followed or imitated; not free, loose, or rambling; as, a version near to the original.
- So as barely to avoid or pass injury or loss; close; narrow; as, a near escape.
- Next to the driver, when he is on foot; in the Unted States, on the left of an animal or a team; as, the near ox; the near leg. See Off side, under Off, a.
- Immediate; direct; close; short.
- Close-fisted; parsimonious.
- Adjacent to; close by; not far from; nigh; as, the ship sailed near the land. See the Note under near, a.
- To approach; to come nearer; as, the ship neared the land.
- To draw near; to approach.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.