Definition and Meaning of MAD
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
mad means :
- A slattern.
- The name of a female fairy, esp. the queen of the fairies; and hence, sometimes, any fairy.
- p. p. of Made.
- Disordered in intellect; crazy; insane.
- Excited beyond self-control or the restraint of reason; inflamed by violent or uncontrollable desire, passion, or appetite; as, to be mad with terror, lust, or hatred; mad against political reform.
- Proceeding from, or indicating, madness; expressing distraction; prompted by infatuation, fury, or extreme rashness.
- Extravagant; immoderate.
- Furious with rage, terror, or disease; -- said of the lower animals; as, a mad bull; esp., having hydrophobia; rabid; as, a mad dog.
- Angry; out of patience; vexed; as, to get mad at a person.
- Having impaired polarity; -- applied to a compass needle.
- To make mad or furious; to madden.
- To be mad; to go mad; to rave. See Madding.
- An earthworm.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.