Definition and Meaning of LIP
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
lip means :
- One of the two fleshy folds which surround the orifice of the mouth in man and many other animals. In man the lips are organs of speech essential to certain articulations. Hence, by a figure they denote the mouth, or all the organs of speech, and sometimes speech itself.
- An edge of an opening; a thin projecting part of anything; a kind of short open spout; as, the lip of a vessel.
- The sharp cutting edge on the end of an auger.
- One of the two opposite divisions of a labiate corolla.
- The odd and peculiar petal in the Orchis family. See Orchidaceous.
- One of the edges of the aperture of a univalve shell.
- To touch with the lips; to put the lips to; hence, to kiss.
- To utter; to speak.
- To clip; to trim.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.