Definition and Meaning of ICE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
ice means :
- Water or other fluid frozen or reduced to the solid state by cold; frozen water. It is a white or transparent colorless substance, crystalline, brittle, and viscoidal. Its specific gravity (0.92, that of water at 4� C. being 1.0) being less than that of water, ice floats.
- Concreted sugar.
- Water, cream, custard, etc., sweetened, flavored, and artificially frozen.
- Any substance having the appearance of ice; as, camphor ice.
- To cover with ice; to convert into ice, or into something resembling ice.
- To cover with icing, or frosting made of sugar and milk or white of egg; to frost, as cakes, tarts, etc.
- To chill or cool, as with ice; to freeze.
- A plant (Mesembryanthemum crystallinum), sprinkled with pellucid, watery vesicles, which glisten like ice. It is native along the Mediterranean, in the Canaries, and in South Africa. Its juice is said to be demulcent and diuretic; its ashes are used in Spain in making glass.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.