Definition and Meaning of HOOD
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
hood means :
- State; condition.
- A covering or garment for the head or the head and shoulders, often attached to the body garment
- A soft covering for the head, worn by women, which leaves only the face exposed.
- A like appendage to a cloak or loose overcoat, that may be drawn up over the head at pleasure.
- Anything resembling a hood in form or use
- The top or head of a carriage.
- A chimney top, often contrived to secure a constant draught by turning with the wind.
- A projecting cover above a hearth, forming the upper part of the fireplace, and confining the smoke to the flue.
- The top of a pump.
- A covering for a mortar.
- The hood-shaped upper petal of some flowers, as of monkshood; -- called also helmet.
- A covering or porch for a companion hatch.
- The endmost plank of a strake which reaches the stem or stern.
- To cover with a hood; to furnish with a hood or hood-shaped appendage.
- To cover; to hide; to blind.
- Alt. of Hood moulding
- A projecting molding over the head of an arch, forming the outermost member of the archivolt; -- called also hood mold.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.