Definition and Meaning of GOSPEL
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
gospel means :
- Glad tidings; especially, the good news concerning Christ, the Kingdom of God, and salvation.
- One of the four narratives of the life and death of Jesus Christ, written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- A selection from one of the gospels, for use in a religious service; as, the gospel for the day.
- Any system of religious doctrine; sometimes, any system of political doctrine or social philosophy; as, this political gospel.
- Anything propounded or accepted as infallibly true; as, they took his words for gospel.
- Accordant with, or relating to, the gospel; evangelical; as, gospel righteousness.
- To instruct in the gospel.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.