Definition and Meaning of GO
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
go means :
- To pass from one place to another; to be in motion; to be in a state not motionless or at rest; to proceed; to advance; to make progress; -- used, in various applications, of the movement of both animate and inanimate beings, by whatever means, and also of the movements of the mind; also figuratively applied.
- To move upon the feet, or step by step; to walk; also, to walk step by step, or leisurely.
- To be passed on fron one to another; to pass; to circulate; hence, with for, to have currency; to be taken, accepted, or regarded.
- To proceed or happen in a given manner; to fare; to move on or be carried on; to have course; to come to an issue or result; to succeed; to turn out.
- To proceed or tend toward a result, consequence, or product; to tend; to conduce; to be an ingredient; to avail; to apply; to contribute; -- often with the infinitive; as, this goes to show.
- To proceed by a mental operation; to pass in mind or by an act of the memory or imagination; -- generally with over or through.
- To be with young; to be pregnant; to gestate.
- To move from the person speaking, or from the point whence the action is contemplated; to pass away; to leave; to depart; -- in opposition to stay and come.
- To pass away; to depart forever; to be lost or ruined; to perish; to decline; to decease; to die.
- To reach; to extend; to lead; as, a line goes across the street; his land goes to the river; this road goes to New York.
- To have recourse; to resort; as, to go to law.
- To take, as a share in an enterprise; to undertake or become responsible for; to bear a part in.
- Act; working; operation.
- A circumstance or occurrence; an incident.
- The fashion or mode; as, quite the go.
- Noisy merriment; as, a high go.
- A glass of spirits.
- Power of going or doing; energy; vitality; perseverance; push; as, there is no go in him.
- That condition in the course of the game when a player can not lay down a card which will not carry the aggregate count above thirty-one.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.