Definition and Meaning of GIN
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
gin means :
- Against; near by; towards; as, gin night.
- To begin; -- often followed by an infinitive without to; as, gan tell. See Gan.
- A strong alcoholic liquor, distilled from rye and barley, and flavored with juniper berries; -- also called Hollands and Holland gin, because originally, and still very extensively, manufactured in Holland. Common gin is usually flavored with turpentine.
- Contrivance; artifice; a trap; a snare.
- A machine for raising or moving heavy weights, consisting of a tripod formed of poles united at the top, with a windlass, pulleys, ropes, etc.
- A hoisting drum, usually vertical; a whim.
- A machine for separating the seeds from cotton; a cotton gin.
- To catch in a trap.
- To clear of seeds by a machine; as, to gin cotton.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.