Definition and Meaning of FENCE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
fence means :
- That which fends off attack or danger; a defense; a protection; a cover; security; shield.
- An inclosure about a field or other space, or about any object; especially, an inclosing structure of wood, iron, or other material, intended to prevent intrusion from without or straying from within.
- A projection on the bolt, which passes through the tumbler gates in locking and unlocking.
- Self-defense by the use of the sword; the art and practice of fencing and sword play; hence, skill in debate and repartee. See Fencing.
- A receiver of stolen goods, or a place where they are received.
- To fend off danger from; to give security to; to protect; to guard.
- To inclose with a fence or other protection; to secure by an inclosure.
- To practice the art of attack and defense with the sword or with the foil, esp. with the smallsword, using the point only.
- Hence, to fight or dispute in the manner of fencers, that is, by thrusting, guarding, parrying, etc.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.