Definition and Meaning of END
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
end means :
- The extreme or last point or part of any material thing considered lengthwise (the extremity of breadth being side); hence, extremity, in general; the concluding part; termination; close; limit; as, the end of a field, line, pole, road; the end of a year, of a discourse; put an end to pain; -- opposed to beginning, when used of anything having a first part.
- Point beyond which no procession can be made; conclusion; issue; result, whether successful or otherwise; conclusive event; consequence.
- Termination of being; death; destruction; extermination; also, cause of death or destruction.
- The object aimed at in any effort considered as the close and effect of exertion; ppurpose; intention; aim; as, to labor for private or public ends.
- That which is left; a remnant; a fragment; a scrap; as, odds and ends.
- One of the yarns of the worsted warp in a Brussels carpet.
- To bring to an end or conclusion; to finish; to close; to terminate; as, to end a speech.
- To form or be at the end of; as, the letter k ends the word back.
- To destroy; to put to death.
- To come to the ultimate point; to be finished; to come to a close; to cease; to terminate; as, a voyage ends; life ends; winter ends.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.