Definition and Meaning of EAR
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
ear means :
- The organ of hearing; the external ear.
- The sense of hearing; the perception of sounds; the power of discriminating between different tones; as, a nice ear for music; -- in the singular only.
- That which resembles in shape or position the ear of an animal; any prominence or projection on an object, -- usually one for support or attachment; a lug; a handle; as, the ears of a tub, a skillet, or dish. The ears of a boat are outside kneepieces near the bow. See Illust. of Bell.
- Same as Acroterium.
- Same as Crossette.
- Privilege of being kindly heard; favor; attention.
- To take in with the ears; to hear.
- The spike or head of any cereal (as, wheat, rye, barley, Indian corn, etc.), containing the kernels.
- To put forth ears in growing; to form ears, as grain; as, this corn ears well.
- To plow or till; to cultivate.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.