Definition and Meaning of CORE
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
core means :
- A body of individuals; an assemblage.
- A Hebrew dry measure; a cor or homer.
- The heart or inner part of a thing, as of a column, wall, rope, of a boil, etc.; especially, the central part of fruit, containing the kernels or seeds; as, the core of an apple or quince.
- The center or inner part, as of an open space; as, the core of a square.
- The most important part of a thing; the essence; as, the core of a subject.
- The prtion of a mold which shapes the interior of a cylinder, tube, or other hollow casting, or which makes a hole in or through a casting; a part of the mold, made separate from and inserted in it, for shaping some part of the casting, the form of which is not determined by that of the pattern.
- A disorder of sheep occasioned by worms in the liver.
- The bony process which forms the central axis of the horns in many animals.
- To take out the core or inward parts of; as, to core an apple.
- To form by means of a core, as a hole in a casting.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.