Definition and Meaning of CHILL
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
chill means :
- A moderate but disagreeable degree of cold; a disagreeable sensation of coolness, accompanied with shivering.
- A sensation of cold with convulsive shaking of the body, pinched face, pale skin, and blue lips, caused by undue cooling of the body or by nervous excitement, or forming the precursor of some constitutional disturbance, as of a fever.
- A check to enthusiasm or warmth of feeling; discouragement; as, a chill comes over an assembly.
- An iron mold or portion of a mold, serving to cool rapidly, and so to harden, the surface of molten iron brought in contact with it.
- The hardened part of a casting, as the tread of a car wheel.
- Moderately cold; tending to cause shivering; chilly; raw.
- Affected by cold.
- Characterized by coolness of manner, feeling, etc.; lacking enthusiasm or warmth; formal; distant; as, a chill reception.
- Discouraging; depressing; dispiriting.
- To strike with a chill; to make chilly; to cause to shiver; to affect with cold.
- To check enthusiasm or warmth of feeling of; to depress; to discourage.
- To produce, by sudden cooling, a change of crystallization at or near the surface of, so as to increase the hardness; said of cast iron.
- To become surface-hardened by sudden cooling while solidifying; as, some kinds of cast iron chill to a greater depth than others.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.