Definition and Meaning of CHAPTER
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
chapter means :
- A division of a book or treatise; as, Genesis has fifty chapters.
- An assembly of monks, or of the prebends and other clergymen connected with a cathedral, conventual, or collegiate church, or of a diocese, usually presided over by the dean.
- A community of canons or canonesses.
- A business meeting of any religious community.
- An organized branch of some society or fraternity as of the Freemasons.
- A meeting of certain organized societies or orders.
- A chapter house.
- A decretal epistle.
- A location or compartment.
- To divide into chapters, as a book.
- To correct; to bring to book, i. e., to demand chapter and verse.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.