Definition and Meaning of BUSH
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
bush means :
- A thicket, or place abounding in trees or shrubs; a wild forest.
- A shrub; esp., a shrub with branches rising from or near the root; a thick shrub or a cluster of shrubs.
- A shrub cut off, or a shrublike branch of a tree; as, bushes to support pea vines.
- The tail, or brush, of a fox.
- To branch thickly in the manner of a bush.
- To set bushes for; to support with bushes; as, to bush peas.
- To use a bush harrow on (land), for covering seeds sown; to harrow with a bush; as, to bush a piece of land; to bush seeds into the ground.
- A lining for a hole to make it smaller; a thimble or ring of metal or wood inserted in a plate or other part of machinery to receive the wear of a pivot or arbor.
- A piece of copper, screwed into a gun, through which the venthole is bored.
- To furnish with a bush, or lining; as, to bush a pivot hole.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.