Definition and Meaning of ARM
Find meaning and definition of the different words on this page. If you are stuck at a word and not sure if it is valid or not or what does it mean then simply paste that word here and get the complete definition of that word.
arm means :
- The limb of the human body which extends from the shoulder to the hand; also, the corresponding limb of a monkey.
- Anything resembling an arm
- The fore limb of an animal, as of a bear.
- A limb, or locomotive or prehensile organ, of an invertebrate animal.
- A branch of a tree.
- A slender part of an instrument or machine, projecting from a trunk, axis, or fulcrum; as, the arm of a steelyard.
- The end of a yard; also, the part of an anchor which ends in the fluke.
- An inlet of water from the sea.
- A support for the elbow, at the side of a chair, the end of a sofa, etc.
- Fig.: Power; might; strength; support; as, the secular arm; the arm of the law.
- A branch of the military service; as, the cavalry arm was made efficient.
- A weapon of offense or defense; an instrument of warfare; -- commonly in the pl.
- To furnish with arms or limbs.
- To furnish or equip with weapons of offense or defense; as, to arm soldiers; to arm the country.
- To cover or furnish with a plate, or with whatever will add strength, force, security, or efficiency; as, to arm the hit of a sword; to arm a hook in angling.
- Fig.: To furnish with means of defense; to prepare for resistance; to fortify, in a moral sense.
Source: All the definitions provided here are from WordNet 3.0 by Princeton University
Maximum 18 letter words are supported. If a word has more than one meaning then this checker will search for all possible results and it will show you all those meanings found on the dictionary. If you think any word has been listed in a wrong manner, or you think that something is wrong with the meaning/definition listed on this page then feel free to send us a message. We will reply you as soon as possible.